• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New To XJs not Jeeps

Turbostixxx

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, so I am the owner of a 97 TJ, Love it, wheel it, break it, fix it. Today, I just went and bought my first XJ (TJs and XJs are my dream vehicles) It is a 1997 XJ SE 2 door with the 6 cyl under the hood AW4 trans behind it. Well the front is a little low I feel, lower than the front. (The whole jeep is low in comparison to my TJ that I drove to check this thing out in)

I am going to keep the Cherokee stock. It is going to be our 3rd vehicle, I will take it to some light trails, and probably drive it when I go camping.

I am wondering what I should know about XJs? I am not familiar with them at all. What can I do to level it out? Do they come with such a bad front rake?

Alright, so I am the owner of a 97 TJ, Love it, wheel it, break it, fix it. Today, I just went and bought my first XJ (TJs and XJs are my dream vehicles) It is a 1997 XJ SE 2 door with the 6 cyl under the hood AW4 trans behind it. Well the front is a little low I feel, lower than the front. (The whole jeep is low in comparison to my TJ that I drove to check this thing out in)

I am going to keep the Cherokee stock. It is going to be our 3rd vehicle, I will take it to some light trails, and probably drive it when I go camping.

I am wondering what I should know about XJs? I am not familiar with them at all. What can I do to level it out? Do they come with such a bad front rake?

You typed front twice but I'll bet you meant the rear is sagging as many cherokees do. If that's the case you can get a little lift from various ways, blocks, add-a-leaf, adding extra leaves, longer shackles. Personally i would add a full length leaf from a junkyard pack.

In the off chance you meant the front is sagging, you can add spacers, coil isolators, or even stiffer stock coils such as from a v8 grand cherokee i believe.

yeah I meant the front is sagging lower than the Rear. I heard I should look for Up Country Suspension Components? Where would I go about finding these? I appreciate all help :D:repair:

Back