• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shop in Louisiana to do SYE install

Mr. Glock

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, I am looking for a shop to do a sye install on a 99 xj. I bought the Jeep with 5.5" of lift installed, it had no tcase drop or adjustment of pinion angle to compensate for the lift. Needless to say it has some vibes, so I purchased the advance adaptors sye kit. I know that the general concensus will be that I should do it myself, but I currently do not have the time or a work space, and just want it done so I can enjoy my new toy. I live in the Alexandria La area. I have called the "popular" shops in the area, but I feel that $400 in labor is very steep ( I could be wrong, I havent paid for this type of service before) Thanks in advance.

they have to pull the DS,case, install the kit, and slap it all back. 400$ isn't too bad. But I would keep calling around. maybe you can find a member in your local chapter to do help you out or maybe to flat out do it all for less than that.

They would also have to install cv drive shaft, degree shims on the rear axle.
400 seems a little steep but it is about 5-6 hours work... for someone thats capable.

I did find a reputable transmission shop to do the install for $250. However they are only installing the aa kit. I have removed the stock drive shaft, and purchased a stock front shaft from a 95 auto to hold me over until I decide on a proper shaft. I appreciate the responses, and do realize that these shops are in it to make a living. I do feel much more comfortable with this price, but the pinion angle and setup will be mine to figure out. I am sure that I will need to tap into some of the knowledge on this forum ( I believe most of this information has been covered in the past and I thank those of you who contributed ). Hopefully I can make a new friend here that has some knowledge in this area, so if you are in the Alexandria area and could lend some knowledge and a small amount of time it would be much appreciated.

Back