• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil buckets relocate, worth it or not?

Jeepedo129

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I've started ordering parts for my dana 30 build, and I've probably spent more time reading and researching than I should, but when you have more time than money, what else are you to do? :laugh:

My Dana 30 build so far I've decided this:

Artecs truss with Artec's UCA mount And stock bushings
Gussets on the inner Cs
Rotate inner Cs for 5* caster at 10* pinion angle
WJ steering/ brakes

Now, I've seen more people use the JKS track bar bracket than not, so that's the direction I'm headed, but if I'm rotating the inner Cs, then the coil buckets are going to be off. I have thought about buying new coil buckets to remedy this. Ideally i know that the track bar should be the same length and angle of the drag link, but as others have pointed out unless you move the coil back and mount the track bar on the Inner C, you won't be able to do that.

So if I'm buying coil buckets anyway, should I get ones Like TNTs where they center the coil over the axle? Or am I just wasting time and money on something that won't affect the jeep that much?

And if I do relocate the coil, what else has to be changed to do this?

Have you looked at the Ruffstuff coil buckets? They have some that have integrated LCA mounts if you choose to do that.

Consider the clayton track bar mount over the jks, it's taller and will give you better angles if you don't take it to the inner C.

Or, the TnT OTA bracket.

if you are decent with an angle grinder you can move the OEM buckets back and you don't have to buy new ones.

if you are rotating the Cs and you are already going to clean the upper bracket off for a truss, you might as well.

if you are decent with an angle grinder you can move the OEM buckets back and you don't have to buy new ones.

if you are rotating the Cs and you are already going to clean the upper bracket off for a truss, you might as well.

That's my thinking, i might as well do it while it's out, I just didn't know if it was worth the hassle of it or how much of a hassle it would be in the first place.

Basically I can just move the bucket back over the axle with out any other modification, or am I missing something?

That's my thinking, i might as well do it while it's out, I just didn't know if it was worth the hassle of it or how much of a hassle it would be in the first place.

Basically I can just move the bucket back over the axle with out any other modification, or am I missing something?

you will need to have adjustable control arms to recenter the axle under the upper coil bucket, you need to be able to push the whole axle about 1.5-2" forward.

Ive done a couple, and we haven't had to do anything else, but in some cases you will either have to move the frame side panhard bracket, or bumpstop accordingly.

you will need to have adjustable control arms to recenter the axle under the upper coil bucket, you need to be able to push the whole axle about 1.5-2" forward.

Ive done a couple, and we haven't had to do anything else, but in some cases you will either have to move the frame side panhard bracket, or bumpstop accordingly.

Ok, I'm going to be running the TNT long arm so getting the axle 1.5-2 inch forward shouldn't be too hard. If that's all that is to it then might as well.

I'm going to start striping the axle today, or maybe tuesday, rotate the Cs and wait for my orders to come in. Then I try some tests fits and see where I'm at.

Back