• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Shackle

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
Last edited:
Buy shackle relocators instead, improved ride, better flex, and 3/4"~1" lift.

Do you have a fav? Also looking at ACOS. 'm not finding a west coast or Rockies supplier. Know of any in our neck of the woods? Would like to do the one-stop shop. And have to get a speedo gear as well for the new tire/wheel combo.

Thank you. I'm not usually this lazy but under the weather so to speak right now.

Gary

Last edited:
Ironman4x4 shackles relocation brackets. Pure beef.
mumy9ytu.jpg

Wow, certainly is beefy. Not to doubt your word but would like to hear some concurrence that these are the good ones. You know, there's always something that might not meet the experts criteria.. and these are the only relos I've seen mounted up. How much lift did you get out of these? I like the 45* you got that everyone says is ideal.

Thanks for your service Marine! I bought my XJ from a drone pilot at Nellis AFB in LV. Says you guys had a distant but close relationship in the sandbox. He'd done a few in country tours before the long distance piloting. You guys amaze me. :patriot:

Gary

I'm wondering if this combo might be too much lift? Do you know the minimum lift they can be set to? I've been looking over their website: 1.75" for the shackles and 1.5" for the relo brackets. Do I need to add these numbers? That comes out to 3.25" which is way more than I can get out of the ACOS up front. ACOS have 3.75" range but I'm removing a 2" coil spacer to put the ACOS in so can get max 1.75" net lift in front.
Just trying to fine tune it on paper before I spend another $500 - ACOS + Iron Man combo.

You guys rock!

Gary

I've emailed Andy at Iron Man with my questions.

Depending on your current shackle angle, you won't get the full 1.5" lift from the relocation brackets. I also really like the iron man ones. I only needed 1" spacers in the front to level it out.

Wow I like those...just looks like it gives about at least 6 inches of lift lol

Server was down for a while yesterday, try resending it.

Just spent another 20 minutes emailing you and it did not go through on your website contact form. Friday it confirmed the email had been sent.

Gordo,

Is that just the Iron Man shackle without the relo bracket? Never considered doing it that way. Are the 'benefits' less without the relo? As in, articulation, droop, etc? Do you know how much lift you got (or could have gotten) with just the tubular shackle?
I do like it better black BTW.
Judging by the gas tank skid you ain't afraid to hammer that beast.

Gary

Last edited:
I have home made relocation on there already welded to the jcr skid. Bought the assembly from knucklehead.

The whole point of doing relocators is that they are adjustable. No matter what spring and shackle combination you can get your shackle about 45* at ride height. This will give you full compression and droop of the spring while having the best ride quality.

The ironman shackle would not work well in the stock location. It would be pretty much vertical because of its length. They are 8" hole to hole at there shortest adjustment.

For instance my setup uses dodge van 1ton leaves and now ironman shackles and shackle relocation. Most of my lift comes from the relocation and shackle. I am running 3.5" sagged to about 3" re coils up front with 35s. It articulates pretty well. I have 12" shocks front and back. I'm only using about 10 in the back though. Shock choice is key to letting the suspension flex properly.

My name describes my driving style accurately. I'll try just about any line at least once.

Last edited:
Back