• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tractor fluid in your AW4?

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
This is more of a tech thread no?

In my opinion it'd work. Not sure how firm it will be. Hy-guard is thicker then ATF. Chevrons thf-1000 tractor fluid(their version of hyguard) is red as ATF. Not sure if any of these have the detergents that ATF has.

This is more of a tech thread no?

In my opinion it'd work. Not sure how firm it will be. Hy-guard is thicker then ATF. Chevrons thf-1000 tractor fluid(their version of hyguard) is red as ATF. Not sure if any of these have the detergents that ATF has.

Yeah I know but, I always get better responses from the SoCal
guys
I read through all 13 pages of the "Turbo Forums" thread
and has me convinced!
Hans

I'm willing to try it too. Haven't driven my project jeep too much yet, so I'm unaware of its current performance. I think I'll drive on ATF for awhile then switch over and see. Seeing how I farm, I should be able to find these oils somewhere...... Haha. Wait, I have 200 gallons at my shop! Haha

Very interesting I know I still have 20-25 gal. left after I sold of all my tractors and farm equipment.

Thanks to the OP for this post and the link.

Ya but that thread specifically talks about the low viscosity john deere hygard, and says that the cheaper fluids wont result in the same decrease in tranny temps.

Back