• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 Tcase with Tom Wood SYE

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have the 242 for sale. It has a Tom Wood SYE but it's different from the standard one he sells. When he first came out with the 242 SYE he used some Currie made seal, which didn't seal very well. At the time my Jeep was new and a leaking Tcase wasn't going to fly. After several new seals, a new flange, etc, he came up with a different setup. The speedo gear housing is an older style and the rear seal is actually 2 seals. The seals are also standard off the shelf parts so you can get them just about anywhere. Unlike most people I knew who had the TW SYE's at the time this one didn't leak at all. It still used the same output shaft though.

Though the SYE part of that kit is still the original this Tcase itself is not. The case is a used replacement case I bought to replace one I broke. Shortly after I put this case together I upgraded to a 241 so it has never actually been in the Jeep while off road. I did have it in the Jeep for about 500 miles though so there should be zero issues with it.

$300

no where near what it's worth. Get back to me in 6 months. I got a lot of things sucking up cash recently.

I have a 98 with a np231 and a spare 231 sitting in my garage I was going to order a full Hd SYE for and maybe wide chain or planetary upgrade while i'm at it...
Is there an advantage to the 242 besides full time? like gearing or durability?

I don't think I need full time but if it's a better Tcase for me I may pick this up.

Back