• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding on LCA skids..

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Got some steel and no power to weld lol anyone want to help me weld some skids on to my lower control arm mounts? The second axle turned out to be bent so I'm just going to modify the axle I have under the rig and junk the second axle. But ya a pizza or beer. I'm in Salem but can travel.

Side note, if its possible, maybe plate the passenger side upper control arm mount too. Doesn't need to be but would be cool if it can.

Let me know guys.

Damn, 37 views and no one wants to step up and help 'ol Larry out huh?
Well buddy your welcome to come all the way up to my neck of the woods.
(although i would completely understand if u didnt want to drive an hour or more for this)
I can stick two pieces of metal together for ya... it wont be pretty by any stretch of the imagination, but it'll hold.
I dont have much for cutting or shaping the pieces before hand, so if you can cut them to size ahead of time, that would help a bunch.
Up to you man... prob wont be able to do it till Sunday though, but the offer stands if ya need.

Damn, 37 views and no one wants to step up and help 'ol Larry out huh?
Well buddy your welcome to come all the way up to my neck of the woods.
(although i would completely understand if u didnt want to drive an hour or more for this)
I can stick two pieces of metal together for ya... it wont be pretty by any stretch of the imagination, but it'll hold.
I dont have much for cutting or shaping the pieces before hand, so if you can cut them to size ahead of time, that would help a bunch.
Up to you man... prob wont be able to do it till Sunday though, but the offer stands if ya need.

Ya I could drive up there, get paid tomorrow too, still got that track bar brace? Ill be able to buy that too from ya.
I can rough cut them and bring my tools too to finish the job. You got a welder or should I bring mine?

I have a welder, no gas, it's just flux core.
But It'll get the job done.
And yup.... still have that brace!
Hey are your LCA brackets straight still?

I have a welder, no gas, it's just flux core.
But It'll get the job done.
And yup.... still have that brace!
Hey are your LCA brackets straight still?

Yup still straight at the moment, been wanting to get the welded before they get mangled lol was origanally not gonna care since I had the second axle but those plan went out the window lol
Mines a flux core too, my little bottle might still have some gas in it though lol thinks its 25/75

I can help with this. I have the trifecta: a welder, gas and power. I'm in SE PDX, just off of I-205.
I'm gonna do this to mine in the next week or two- it would be nice to practice on yours first!:gee:

I can help also, did it to mine when I made the truss and C braces, wouldn't take long at all! I have the trifecta as well, I even have a plasma cutter so we can make a smiley face in your new skids..lol

I can help also, did it to mine when I made the truss and C braces, wouldn't take long at all! I have the trifecta as well, I even have a plasma cutter so we can make a smiley face in your new skids..lol

that would look cool imprinted in a wall-o-mud. a Cherokee mini-skid imprint, all smiling at you...

Bronze.

Hey! Ya you were the one at the meet and greet right? Never post just lurks a lot right? Lol it was good meeting you my man. Hope to see you out on the trail some time.

Ill have to take you up on the truss and C-brace offer lol

All those guys are closer to you than I am Larry.... Up to you bud... and of course, you got the build party at Bronze's coming up here real soon as well...
Offer stands, but I wont be offended one bit if you stay local.
We can hook up at a later time to get you that brace too... no worries man, I dont think its going anywhere.

No your good.... I should have everything.
Be warned though, my welds are gonna be ugly as hell.

Josh flux core should look good you might check the polarity on your welder mig is electrode + and fluxcore is electrode - so the machine may need rewired

Josh flux core should look good you might check the polarity on your welder mig is electrode + and fluxcore is electrode - so the machine may need rewired

Thanks, It's been a while since I payed attention to it.
It does do just fine in more capable hands, but I'll do a double-check just to be sure.

Well if I can't get them welded today or tomorrow from stang65, I have this Friday off as they have me working Saturday and Sunday. So I'm gonna txt you josh and also txt 88nwxj and come up with a plan for either

Plasma sucks lol it'll help a little. You're just talking about welding skids onto the lca brackets right? Not putting new lcas on correct?

Back