• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installation of Rubicon Express LCA and drop backets

Marcelo73

NAXJA Forum User
I'm installing the RE 6200 kit that comes with drop brackets.
According to the manual and pictures, the rubber part of the arm goes in the bracket.
The question is: I need to reuse the previous part where the arm attach to?
Because if yes, it does not fix (unless grinding something).

If I install without it, it has some movement, besides the hole in the bracket is larger than the bolt. Is there any change it moved back of forward?

Any idea or help is welcome.

8zracx.jpg

nmxixi.jpg

Yes, you need to reuse the metal part you show in the first picture. I had to pry the drop bracket open a little to get it to fit.

Getting the alignment saddle in with the control arm can be tough. I've had the best luck with fitting the control arm into the saddle, then putting them as a unit into the drop bracket and hitting the opposite end of the control arm with a mallet.

Once the studs from the saddle poke through the hole in the drop bracket you can pull it on the rest of the way with a nut, but be careful those studs break off very easy and should be torqued lightly.

Getting the alignment saddle in with the control arm can be tough. I've had the best luck with fitting the control arm into the saddle, then putting them as a unit into the drop bracket and hitting the opposite end of the control arm with a mallet.

Once the studs from the saddle poke through the hole in the drop bracket you can pull it on the rest of the way with a nut, but be careful those studs break off very easy and should be torqued lightly.

QFT.

i found that getting the control arm bolt into the shoe and arm helps to align the adjustment bolt, so your only pulling it back.

another thing... if you plan to use all of the adjustment in the slot on the bracket, you need to press out the bolts and insert longer ones. i used a giant stack of washers as my "spacers". lol. a little ghetto, but works fine. i have RE 4.5" springs, and the control arms pushed all the way forward with around 5.5 degrees of castor.

Back