• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 XJ rear brake line

davebz1a

NAXJA Forum User
does anybody know if you can buy a pre-formed steel rear brake line. If not can you tell me if the flare fittings are SAE or metric? I want to buy the right parts before i tackle this Thanks

just bought last night. went to napa and got the 3/16 line with 3/8 x 24 inverted flare fittings both ends. bought a 12, 20, 40 inch lines to do both sides. just have to bend them and see what fits better the 12 or 20 for my axle. cheap and easy except removing the old rusty components off the axle.

Thanks for the info. It's the rear main line, not very difficult to replace. I wasn't sure if it was SAE or Metric, so I bought both in various lengths. It turned out that a didn't know that there are 2 types of flares, and i bought 1 normal, which was metric, and three inverted flares. Anyway I have 4 of the wrong lines, which im taking back. The dealer just told me the part is discontinued. The auto parts guy wasn't very helpful

Back