• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Misfire Problem help please!!

00_cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys new to the forum.. I have a 00 cherokee with a 95 engine in it... Did a compression test not to long ago and everything checked out the way it should.. The misefire doesn't happen all the time it will only happen when the jeep gets hot after I'm beating on it or if I drive it for along time. If I turn it off for a few min I'll get a really bad misefire where the jeep wont even start then once the motor cools off it will finally fire with a rough idle then clear its self up. If anyone has an idea what may be causing this any help would be great Thank You...

It's heat soak. The intake manifold is directly over the exhaust manifold, the temperature causes the fuel to change state from a liquid to a gas in the injectors and rail. It misfires until cooler liquid gas is delivered. Best fix is a fan on a timer that runs after the engine is off.

Back