• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 Electrical issue

4.whoa

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '95 4.0,auto, with power windows & locks. for a while operating the windows was iffy. you had to push in on the switch panel and they would go-stop-go.
Anyway, a while back I pulled the door apart thinking the plug for the switch (rubbery one) was the issue. I noticed some of the pins on the switches were corroded and where the copper sheet "fingers" were supposed to be touching the pins, not all were. I cleaned them up and soldered the couple pins, but still wasn't right. Next I thought to pinch the female connectors in the plug to make them hold tighter. when I put it together and tried it, it acted as if I shorted something.... No dome light, power windows, power locks, radio... I checked EVERY fuse 3 times, with a meter & by sight. I went and got a new switch panel for the door, but it didn't fix it. I found about 1/2 the fuse panel to be dead. I was about to leave on a trip (of course) so I ran a new power wire to the radio. doing this back fed most of the systems. I found a working ign terminal in the fuse panel and jumped it to a dead one. this too back feeds the system. when doing this the windows still wont work, but all else seems to.
I cant seem to find any fusable links in this thing, like my older ones have. are there any & if so where?
any other ideas?:(

please help

AFAIK there are no fusible links in the '95, replaced by fuses in the PDC. Have you checked those fuses? In the '93 PDC, the large fuse #3, 40amp (orange), feeds the interior fuse block.

You may have already checked all of these but thought I would mention it.

Back