• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Trail Aug 4th - 6th

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
As in past years we are planning to include a run through the famous Rubicon Trail. Here's the tentative schedule:

Aug 3rd (Sun) - camping at Loon Lake for those interested.

Aug 4th (Mon) - 9am group meeting at Loon Lake trail head, tech inspection + trail prep, start trail. Drive approximately 1/2 of trail and camp at Buck Island Lake.

Aug 5th (Tue) - option a) free day to relax, hike, fish, swim, fix your jeep, run Old Sluice, etc
- option b) drive 1/4 trail and camp at Rubicon Springs. This would cost $20 per rig.

Aug 6th (Wed) - finish trail out to Tahoe. If doing option (a) above we will stop briefly at the springs for a bite to eat. Those of us planning to attend the 2nd half of Sierra Fest are welcome to spend the night in South Lake Tahoe. Last couple years we have stayed at the Super 8 motel which is walking distance to restaurants and coin laundry.

Aug 7th (Thu) - restock supplies, and drive to Hermit Valley Campground.

I plan on making it to both the Rubicon and Deer Valley portions. Will be driving down from Seattle to attend; I may have a couple other NW Chapter rigs in my group.

I plan on making it to both the Rubicon and Deer Valley portions. Will be driving down from Seattle to attend; I may have a couple other NW Chapter rigs in my group.

Wait, we're going to have MORE of those NWC people at this years run? Everyone knows that if there are too many people from the NW all in one area it will make it rain the whole time...Hmm, we need the rain down here.. So bring 'em on down Josh. :D

By the way, I plan to be there for at least DV. Still working on the Rubicon part tho.

we are in 2 rigs this year CJ and Nissan , Dean may be down from Portland as passenger

I won't be able to make the rubicon portion :( I had a blast out there with you all last year. Hopefully I can join again next year!

In. :eyes:

Back