• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee lift need help and advice badly

Cherokeeman123

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to lift my xj on a budget. I wanna go 3" so I don't have to lower tc or hange driveshaft. What parts do I need is this smart any outside opinion is greatly needed.

Well I was planning on picking up the rough country series 2 3" lift and then just getting the extra parts. But idk what else I could need. Because I need new leaf springs in the back for sure.

I have a 92 cherokee 2 dr 5 speed white. I'm
In college so that's the struggle with the money but jeeps are where my heart is lol my family has a yj and a cj with a 350 and 35s it's a beast. The xj thing is something new. I'm tryingb to stay road legal and still go off-road.

It really depends on how hard your gonna be on the jeep. On my fiances jeep we are going with the rc 3" lift with the control arms and aal. I also have a set of rc shackle relocation brackets to make up for the fact that the aal will make the rear sag after time. If you plan on wheeling pretty hard I would upgrade to the full leaf packs. With rough country you're getting a cheaper budget kit but probably that best customer service and warranty in the industry to go with it.

Just stay away from Rusty's leaf springs. Yes, they're cheap costing but unless they've changed something in the last couple of years, they sag horribly within a year. Their coils are ok, just not the leafs.

Go with bastard pack rear, zj v8 coils, upcountry is best then spacers to level it out or if you have the money do acos spacers. and at 3'' lift drive line vibes are very likely. but you can always make your own t-case drop if need be.

Rustys full 3" lift spring pack is one of the better ones and the springs are top notch any more. I have been running them for some time without any issues in fact the 3" kit.

Moog cc784 is a $70 pair of 2.5" springs. Add bastard pack for rear, shocks off an 07+ wrangler, done

I just put the RC 3" series 2 lift with AAL on my 98 XJ. I was really concerned with the AALs not being enough lift since my factory leaves were completely flat. To address my concerns with the AALs not providing enough lift I also ordered shackle relocation brackets that add 1.5" of lift in the rear. After I bought the shackle relo brackets I thought about it and was thinking the rear was gonna be too high, so I ordered 1" spacers up front. I got everything installed except for the shackle relo brackets bc they took a full month for delivery, and the XJ was maybe half an inch lower in the rear. The difference is so slight that you can't notice it unless you are looking for it. So currently I have 4" of lift in the front, and the AALs are doing fine keeping up with that. I still have not installed the shackle relo brackets yet and am in no hurry bc the AALs have not lost any height yet(been on for 2 weeks now). Also I have no driveline vibes. One more thing to consider if you go with the RC 3" series 2 is some kind of track bar adjustment. I just ordered a skyjacker track bar bracket for $25 and it compensates for 3-4" of lift.

Overall I would recommend the lift and buy it again. The only thing I think I could have done better was go with some kind of flex joint control arms bc I don't like the idea of the amount of torque flexing and suspension movement in general places on the control arms mounts. But either way you get a lot for your money with RC, and I plan on upgrading the arms to either MetalCloak or long arm down the line so I'm good with my set up for now. Hope this info helps!

Back