• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex-a-lite 67108 Radiator and Fan Package

outracing

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. I have a 99 with the four liter auto. I use it to plow snow. I currently have a Champion 3 Row radiator coupled to a cooling fan from a 95 Ford Taurus. I also still have the factory electric fan, but obviously the clutch fan has been removed. It has served me well for quite a number of years, but unfortunately some jack ass decided to back into my beloved Jeep and just drive off. I have some work ahead of me, and as I see it, I have an opportunity to make some changes. Flex-a-lite makes a package deal, does any one know anything about this? I tried a lot of different setups before I was able to find a combination that would adequately cool my jeep when I was transporting the snow plow. Is this Flex-a-lite 67108 Radiator and Fan Package a single, dual, or three row? How does the air flow from the three fans compare to my 95 Taurus 3.8 liter fan? (I was lead to believe that this fan was the most powerful ever produced) Thanks everyone!

The best thing I have done to mine is put a factory late model aluminum 2 row radiator on my baby. Much better than a copper and brass 3 row. Factory fan setup works fine with this setup for me.

I would suggest going to the factory setup unless there is some other reason you need electric fans. The factory engine driven fan moves the most air hands down.

But he has a unique situation, he has a plow blocking air flow on the road(plow up) and when the plow is down he is working the hell out of that engine tranny at low speed and no air flow. I can see why the clutch fan can't keep up even if using in 4-low. I doubt he is turning more than 2500rpm pushing.

But he has a unique situation, he has a plow blocking air flow on the road(plow up) and when the plow is down he is working the hell out of that engine tranny at low speed and no air flow. I can see why the clutch fan can't keep up even if using in 4-low. I doubt he is turning more than 2500rpm pushing.
A fixed fan instead of a fan clutch would take care of any low RPM issues.

Exactly. I kept having overheating problems when transporting the plow especially. The electric fan worked great, just now I have to do some repairs.

Back