• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 Parts Question.

Cburb88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So i was trying to get a few new things for my 8.8 swap. Im missing one of my parking brake lever pieces, not sure which side but its the piece that sticks out the side and the cable attaches to. Its actually two pieces per side that pivots together. I cant find anywhere online at all, dealership wants like $23 bucks a piece and i was going to go that route since i assume i have no choice.

My other issue is i wanted to get new parking brake lever boots, the little boots that go over those levers to keep mud and water out. Dealership wanted $112 bucks a piece for those tiny ass little rubber boots i almost crapped my pants. So is there no place online or anything for this stuff or is it a junkyard only thing? Pretty sad considering 8.8s are heavily used and very common.

I dont need cables I need the levers the cables attach too.

You could try 3/8 hose barbs like this guy:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/8-8-e-brake-solution-579710/

HPIM0749_sm.jpg

I dont need cables at all...my cables are fine im going to loop my existing cables around the e brake levers and cable clamp them in place, done deal. I just need e brake adjusters and grommets. This is what im going to do...that lever poking out is what i need. Seems like you cant get them anywhere.

ford88_ebrake_cable16_720.jpg

51900d1372448301t-96-zj-parking-brake-issue-50.jpg

these are what i want, dealership wants 112 a piece for those boots.

Are there no wrecking yards in your area? My pick in pull in Sherwood probably wouldn't even charge me for those. My ebrak works tho. :p my 8.8 had 200k on it when I got it and that boot was fine. So I would imagine it's worth checking the you yard.

Theres a few...only one nearby i would actually go to even though the people are idiots there now. i just know those boots are most likely not a good junkyard thing to get, being rubber but the e brake cam and lever would be ok pulling i would imagine.

On my D44 swap I took the lever from the drum brake internal parking brake lever (the part in the drum that the cable goes to) and cut off the end that the cable went into. I then too that piece and bolted it to the lever for the disc brake parking lever. After that the cable hooked in with no mods to the cable itself.

B

On my D44 swap I took the lever from the drum brake internal parking brake lever (the part in the drum that the cable goes to) and cut off the end that the cable went into. I then too that piece and bolted it to the lever for the disc brake parking lever. After that the cable hooked in with no mods to the cable itself.

B

Shut up bob

There is definitely a comprehension problem with the original question.

Yes going back and reading it I now see what he is looking for. I thought he was looking for the cable end but now I see he is looking for the internal metal parts to actuate the parking brake.

I'd say it may be worth the $23 at the dealer. The time and energy spent trying to find a used one may not be worth it. As far as the rubber boots go anything over $5 each is outrageous.

B

Back