• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wagoneer LTD and Briarwood questions.

89 Sport

NAXJA Forum User
I have always like these. Are there numbers somewhere (buildsheet or fender tag) that identify it as a waggy? Are there many out there? I used to see them 4 sale more often a couple years ago. Did they come in a 2 door? I would like to learn more about them. I looked at a worn out but solid and complete 91 in Jan. and the guy wanted BIG bucks for it. It was nothing special. I would like to get one in the next few months if the price is right. It would be nice to have a stocker.

Not sure if on this forum specifically, but I believe there is a breakdown sheet somewhere of numbers sold per year. Not sure about trim level. IIRC, Waggy and Briarwood were only 4 door.
Are you wanting one for the fake trim on the doors and accents inside, or for the quad light header panel? I like the header, myself. Want to do that or 97-up front end on my MJ project.

There weren't too many of each one sold.

Wagoneers and Briarwoods were only 4 door.

Wagoneer XJs had the 4 headlight front end and were made from I believe 1986-1990. There were earlier Wagoneer XJs but they didn't have woodgrain or the 4 headlight front end.

Cherokee Briarwoods are fairly rare and were only made in 1991 and 1992.

There is one Waggy XJ around here that is extremely rotted out, but I haven't seen any other ones in at least 4 or 5 years. :(

Are you wanting one for the fake trim on the doors and accents inside, or for the quad light header panel? I like the header, myself. Want to do that or 97-up front end on my MJ project.

I like the fake wood trim the fake wood decals, grill, options ect.. I'm used to working with buildsheets, fender tags and numbers. Is there a way to identify a Waggy by looking at the VIN or tags?

Are there any forums for these XJ's? Yes, I searched. Looking for as much info as I can get.

Thanks Foress. Good info. I'll have to look at the VIN in my 89 sport. I didnt see a sport listed so I wonder what that will listed under. Wonder why they dont have anything listed for 90-96.
I never noticed are there fender tags in XJ's? I cant just go out an look at mine (storage) thats why Im asking. Thanks

I just noticed that 90 to 96 is missing from the list.. that's weird. Other websites show the same information... Mine is 92 sport 2 door I also can't check the vin or tags it's not at my house right now. Altough I have insurance papers..

1J4FJ87S6NL243311

The information is quite generic, but at least you can know if the jeep has been "modified" like from auto to manual or from 4cyl to 6cyl... I was also curious about the Briarwood, I like the woodpaneling its so oldschool.. Looking on google I could simply not find a picture of a 2 doors so I assumed that it wasn't made..

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php/22675-Jeep-History/page2

I found this talking about it, giving some "facts". Post #39. You can also look at those MJs and CJs etc... :cheers:

Back