• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

when are Coil overs fully compressed?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
This is probably pretty simple Will the coil over shaft go entirely inside the body?

I just read billavista's coilover bible and I didn't see it, probably because it's obvious. I just want to make sure my bumps are set right.

Last edited:
It probably varies a bit from manufacturer. I have Fox shocks. They include a small hard rubber bumpstop at the end of the shaft so technically the entire shaft does not go into the shock body, however their stated compressed length is accurate.

Does that help?

yes, they bottom out externally, not internally. so you won't see any shaft showing.

yes, they bottom out externally, not internally. so you won't see any shaft showing.
Perfect that's exactly what I was thinking about, though maybe not accurately articulating it.

it's also a good idea to keep them from doing that lol
That's the plan now I just have to find out how far daystar 3" "comp style" bumpstops compress.

Thanks gents.

Last edited:
Back