• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear progressive bumps?

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to put some coils & Prothane inserts in the front and build a bastard pack for the rear. I'd like to be able to mob the jeep around town & the woods without a harsh bottoming out over bumps.
Are the Prothane rear bumps decent, or should I be looking closer at timbrens?
I'm not going with air bumps for budgetary reasons and will likely wind up with JK Rubicon shocks for same reason.

Worth nothing that you'll have to drill and nutsert a new mounting point in the unibody as the Prothane's are longer than OEM.

I run the same bump stop and was able to used the stock mounting holes with a bit of rubber removal on the sides of the bump.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/4404567899/in/set-72157623509291541
Tapered the inside of the bump stops to allow more compression. I assume the bump stop was made for a much heavier vehicle. It compressed about 1-1/2" on hard hits.

its got to be ancient Aliens….

I have the "prothane" rear bumpstops... they are extremely hard. much harder than the coil inserts.

Back