• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 1991 jeep cherokee xj PROJECT

Bigben18

NAXJA Forum User
what recomendations should i do to my lift i know its pretty bad so i am trying to figure out what my options are to fix it and what best thing i can put on it to fix it because i dont have much money to fix it.

1891235_3959643205119_1520669308_n.jpg

I bet thats an interesting ride on the freeway. I would start with control arms. Even rough countrys control arms are better than that! Pretty cheap to.

Your easily 6" of lift

Ditch the short arms and get a long arm kit first!

Drop brackets. But if your going to invest the money in brackets and control arms your right on the same $$$ as long arms

Option A: stay at that lift height and get a long arm kit OR control arm drop brackets

Option B: lower it down (start by removing the coil spring spacers)

That's all "my" opinion

If you look closely at the picture I can see a adjuster on the lower at the axle I would adjust the lowers but I'd start with losing the puck it also looks like it has after market uppers. I bought for cheapness 95 chev 1/2 ton 2 wd front brake lines like under 20 each do it before you flex a line off.

Last edited:
Option A: stay at that lift height and get a long arm kit OR control arm drop brackets

Option B: lower it down (start by removing the coil spring spacers)

That's all "my" opinion

My thoughts exactly. Is it just me or does it look like the axle is pulled WAY back in the wheelwell? Looks like the control arms are too short for all that lift?

Definitely make sure your brake lines are long enough if you want to stay at that lift height, and don't forget about bumpstops, can't tell for sure but they don't look to be extended at all.

If that's the stock hollow tube tie rod I'd think about replacing it with something stonger, like one from a ZJ.

Your swaybar disconnects look a tad short, but you should have plenty of adjustment left, I would adjust them a couple inches longer until the ends of the swaybar point up slightly rather than down.

Back