• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 MJ steering slop

DO95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a 1990mj with a tilt column and column shifter, I took it apart to tighten the tilt to take care of slop, that was t the problem. This was:

There is supposed to be a bearing there, called the upper column bearing, no part stores can get it, anyone know where I can get one?

Something I figured out a long time ago, the column is basically a Chevy column with a very few differences. I'd guess more than 90% of the parts are interchangeable. You may have better luck looking for the Chevy parts numbers. I pretty sure the parts number you are looking for is J812 7650. I've had this bearing fall apart before, I put it back together using grease to kind of hold the balls where they were supposed to be, stuck the outer race back in there and it has been fine since, 7-8 years ago.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Brakes-and-...spx?t_c=65&t_s=510&t_pt=8295&t_pn=CROJ8127850

Back