• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When did the 1996 fuel rail change?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I read I need a 96 fuel rail for my renix 99+ intake motor. Were there any other years with the same rail? One with an input and return line specifically.

Wait, what? I'm not sure what you're asking, because no 96-up fuel rail had input+return.

There are 3 4.0 fuel rails available:
87-90 RENIX, has injector port spacing and/or bracketry changes that only match RENIX manifolds.
91-95 OBD1, fits 91-0? manifolds (at least to 01, probably later on TJ/WJ) and has supply and return with a port for a vacuum operated fuel pressure regulator.
96-01 OBD2, fits 91-0? manifolds (at least to 01, probably later on TJ/WJ) and has only a supply port, regulator is in the tank/sending assembly.

Manifolds are 87-90 RENIX, 91-95 OBD1 belt routing/PS pump setup, 96-98 OBD2 belt routing/PS pump setup, 99-01 improved intake runners. You can put whatever 91+ fuel injector rail you want on any of the 91+ manifolds, the only difference is whether or not your power steering pump will bolt up to it. 95 down power steering pumps fit all 87-90 and 91-95 manifolds, 96 up (and WJ, iirc) fit all 96-98 and 99-01 manifolds.

Last edited:
<3
Thanks

unrelated question, did all 91+ have a digital spedometer? How doable is a Gauge cluster swap keeping the renix system?

Last edited:
No problem dude, good luck. Oh I fixed a minor mistake in the last paragraph, so re-read it to make sure I didn't mislead you :dunce:

Ahh I probably mixed it up with the PS bracket already have that squared away<

All 91+ did have an electronic speedo. The sender off an 88-93 Dodge Dakota (with the V6, unsure about other engines but they probably have it too) will give you the ability to run a later ECU with an earlier cable-driven speedo cluster still in use. If you want to swap a later cluster in and keep the RENIX, I'm not sure how but I'm fairly certain it's possible with a Dakota Digital speedo signal conversion box. What are you looking to do?

My atlas has an electronic speedo kit. So I was wondering if getting the newer gauges would be the best route.

Back