• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats and interior

BertBertsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 xj 2 door 5 speed manual 4x4 what zj or otherwise seats front and rear swap can be done? also what door panels from maybe 95 up will fit? mine IS a 2 door , i am wanting to use ZJ seats and put a console in it .thanks yall

I dont know what seats will work from xj 2 drs after 97 unless they tilt forward. I used 96 2dr. seats in my 89. I also used the 96 door panels. they had different arm rests and handles. I have read here before about using 97 up seats in 4 doors. Later model door panels could work but the mechanisms (sp) might be different. Maybe you could swap the upholstery from a later seat onto the earlier frames. A search might give you more info on this swap.

Been looking at this for my 97 as well. If you use your rails then there are many seats out there that will bolt up. Just need to make sure they are from a 2 door coupe so they flip forward. One of the seat swaps is Chevy cavalier seats. Look super comfy.

Last edited:
Any seats from a two door donor no matter make or model will have the flip forward mechanics built in. Mustang camaro seats also bolt to jeep rails. All two door vehicles and flip forward. I'm looking for 2door cavalier or sunfire seats of me. I've driven a few cavaliers and they are comfy.

Back