• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interior swap 98 into 96

cherokeeproject

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and searched and searched on here and some of the other forums and can’t find much on anyone swapping interiors in the 96 Cherokee's. I currently have a 96 with the tan interior that im not a fan of… (its commonly referred to on the forums as poo-tan, for good reason) I have a donor 98 with the grey interior, power everything, overhead center console etc. im hoping to swap out the ENTIRE interior, door panels, dash, seats, center console etc. I'm aware of the common issue in the e-brake handle and how to fix that, but im not sure how everything else is going to match up. I know the support for the steering column is different in the old Renix XJ’s but how about the 96? Does anyone have pictures of a 96 or a 98 that’s gutted that can be compared to each other? I'm only taking the time to start this as a new thread because I feel the 96 XJ’s are so unique and all the other posts and write ups don't cover this particular model. They are the only early body style with the OBD2 which is whats also in the 98. But the 96 has a different airbag system, and a few other things. I'm sure I can make most of this work but im wanting to prepare myself. I'm asking for any insight and or pictures of the 96 & 98 gutted, wiring, etc. anything helps.

I'll def. be doing a write up on this either way.

Back