• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear sway bushings

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
they're all the same, right?

Reason I ask is that I ordered two "rear sway bar bushing kits" from one of the parts suppliers at my friend's shop. I got two boxes with one bushing in each of them. Part is Quick Steer K3160. They were listed as 2 required per car. Am I correct in assuming that we got shafted, or are they actually different bushings and these will only fit the frame side or only the axle side? I really need the frame side only but I'm just annoyed because I figured if I had to R&R it I would make everything happy and new.

Yes I know most people s**tcan the rear sway bar but I don't want to do that because right now I've got 3 or 4x my weight in tools in the back and I also would like to have the ability to tow stuff.

I don't really have any info your looking for but since you have your answer already I thought I would share my thoughts on the rear sway bar anyway .

I do not have one and I have towed our work trailers with my Xj with many different weights all the way up to a load that I disconnected and ran across town to get one of our trucks for because I decided it was too heavy. Sway was never an issue and the roads around here are hilly and curvy.

We also just towed our XJ we made into a trailer loaded with our gear over 2,000 miles round trip to Moab. One of the runs we did was a 2 day 100 or so mile run with the Xj trailer connected while wheeling. The Jeep had no sway issues there either.

iirc some came from the factory without the rear sway bar and they tow just fine without them.

When I first took it off I still had my worn out stock suspension and I could feel it a little when towing but it wasn't that big of a difference. It seemed to make a big difference in the rear off road but If you don't wheel much I could see keeping it with old worn out stock suspension.

Last edited:
Back