• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BlueBallerReport

XJROMEO

NAXJA Forum User
So last week I started putting a feeler out to get a group of people to head up to TSF to go take care of some wheelin!! Couple responses here and there and the usual people bailing by Friday evening I was heading out of town with Bmikes to meet up with Bronzewyrm his friend Mike and little son Josh. And I had a friend meeting me up there Saturday morning. So Friday Bmikes and I get there and start romping around to find bronze. Welp browns camp was closed so we took off to horse camp. Well I totally spaced John was bringing quads and not his jeep and didn't remember quads weren't allowed in horse camp until I was already there. So onward back to Rogers camp... no sign. So off to the rock quarry to go shooting before dark. And then to Lyda camp. It wasn't until on our way all the way back from Lyda that we finally ran them down! Then we decided to head back to Lyda and set up camp! After freezing in the back of the cherotent I went and met up with my buddy in his yota. And got back to camp. And bronzes' friend Mike had a little talk with the sheriff's and wound up not being able to ride so I made room for him and Josh in the jeep. And finally we hit the trails. So from University firepower then cedar tree then fire break 5 the usual fun run we ran into a couple yotas and they tagged along with the group. Then we crest fire break 5 and are on our way down the hillside and airplane hill was open! I had seen videos before but I had never even thought to attempt airplane hill... So needless to say I wanted to run it! And I spent a bunch of time tryin up that bad boy with some great help spotting from BRONZEWYRM!!! I made it quite a ways before my transfer case shift linkage decided to bust out and I couldn't engage 4lo. So I winched the last few feet. Then the guy in the yota was gonna attempt it and made it a couple rocks in and snapped his rear driveline. Tough day for him. After that we were all pretty much tired from wheelin all day and headed back to camp and packed up and left!!

My buddies yota

ysetysub.jpg

Airplane hill!!

9a4yga3a.jpg

Working a line

y5ymedy9.jpg

Weaseling my way up!

ru6yvu5e.jpg

quzyjamu.jpg

Poor yota :/

uqamy3yj.jpg

Broken yota rear driveline

yme4e2ar.jpg

There's also about a half hour of footage that I need to find a way to upload!

youtube it and post a link, I want to watch:gag: I think the spotting/rock moving took more out of me than the whole day of riding. MAJOR props to XJromeo. 33" AT's, locked/open, 4.5" lift, no sliders, no belly pan. He Rocked 5/6s of airplane hill. if he gets the video up, you will see how much commitment HAD to be made just to crest a few places. Way to stick with it, these XJ's still find ways to amaze me.

Thanks again Guys for everything. The boy had a great time, safe, and good to meet your buds too. More trips to come, For Sure!

Bronze.

god looks like some fun wish we would have tried that when we went bronze also still havent seen that boring vid of my jeep yet lol ;)

I know I know, I have been wheeling so much I cant keep up with the trip reports:smoker:

did they fill in the undercut at the base of airplane hill ?

Can't wait to see the video :)

Yes, it looks like they removed most of the rock from the hillside. then set some concrete barrier/dividers down. (standing straight up) and then filled it back in with rock and fill dirt in between said barriers. then layed a couple more barriers on top of it all with some more larger loose rock for fun. This makes up the lower portion of the hill climb up to the 1st winch point. from there its close to the same. the trail is TOTALY different now.

it looks more like it did when it was 1st reopened a couple years back. had my jeep been in the forest, id have gone up it first.

Bronze

I don't think it's gonna happen fellas. Everything says the file is too large to download :mad: oh well... guess it's just gonna have to be one of those things you'd have to of been there to see...

Re: Re: BlueBallerReport

Are you having a problem uploading it to YouTube? Or to the form?

I'm having problems getting it to upload to YouTube it's a 32min video and YouTube says it's too large to download... So I tried splitting the video down on my phone and then my phone says it's too large to split, but somehow my phone will play it...

Plug your phone into a computer, upload it to the pc, then upload it to youtube. You may have to split it into 2, 15 min vids.

had never even thought to attempt airplane hill... So needless to say I wanted to run it! And I spent a bunch of time tryin up that bad boy with some great help spotting from BRONZEWYRM!!! I made it quite a ways before my transfer case shift linkage decided to bust out and I couldn't engage 4lo. So I winched the last few feet.

...... Now you know why I say "screw airplane hill".

If your really interested in posting it. You might try compressing the video. It takes a little while but might be worth it for all of us to see :). Try splitting it first.

Haha alright! I'm gonna try it again today! I'm in the middle of installing my long arms so it may be closer to the end of the day!

Back