• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 high is not working but low is.

not_you

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

New to the forum and to jeep ownership. Just picked up an 01 xj and it has some issues. One is the 4 high is not working but low is. Any thoughts? Need more info? Thanks in advance

You need to be more specific. Is this the light not working? What transfercase? It has to go through 4Hi to get to 4Lo on an NP231. Lever all the way forward is 2hi, one "click" back is 4Hi, 2 clicks is Neutral, 3 back is 4Lo.

The light for 4 high is working(part time) but the actual 4 high is not. I have tried to adjust the linkage with no avail(Disconnect, put manually in 4 l on the tcase, do the same in the cab and then reconnect). I have manually put the tcase into what seems like 4 high and no luck. What I did to do this is to start at the furthest back(4L) and when forward till 4h, then I backed it out of the shop and tested it in the snow and still no 4h. I just do not know what would let 4L work but not 4 h? Did I maybe adjust it wrong? Seems pretty straight forward. Any thoughts would be awesome. Thank you

Back