• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97-up Hitch Fit 93?

it should bolt up fine all the holes are in the same place.

you will need nut strips if yours did not come with a hitch, you can take his drivers side nut strip but his passenger side strip is what his exhaust mount is attached to so he'll need to keep that one. JCR offroad sells nice ones (and they are a NAXJA vendor too) or you can get some cheapo ones from crown automotive from places like amazon.com or quadratec.

I dont think it will fit unless the holes are ovaled side to side. I believe the width of the frame rails was increased in 97 to match that of the GC. I tried fitting up a 97 gas tank skid to my 92 once (uses the same bolt holes as the hitch) and it was too wide.

Take some careful measurements, it may fit but my recollection is that there was a differnce in frame rail width at the rear. Hopefully someone who has actually tried the hitch swap will post up.

John

The gas tank was different for early XJ's also. So that may have something to do with it.
IIRC, like Mike said, hitch should fit.

Trailer hitches fit all years of XJ's. There were no changes to the "frame" or the bolt hole locations.

Back