• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations on seats?

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
Going to be putting some suspensions seats and harnesses in my XJ. Obviously lots of different companies that make them. Right now I'm looking into Mastercraft Rubicon and Twisted Stitch Apex. Other considerations would be Beard, PRP, and Corbeau. I know PRP's are great seats, but, one concern is they only have one slot for the shoulder harnesses to come through and I've heard this isn't as comfortable and easy to manage as having two.

Also want these to be adjustable (at least passenger side) on a slider so I can access stuff in the back of Jeep. Some companies don't appear to make sliders so I may have to fab one, but would prefer bolt in. Recommendations?

im also looking to get some seats and from what ive read prp is the way to go. corbeau's just dont hold up.

i bought a corbeau XP. got the bracket, and it does indeed bolt in. however, if you are over 5' 8" its too high. i lowered the corbeau bracket by 1.75" (and had to hammer the floor in a tad) and i can sit in it now but its still too high to wear a helmet. i'm 6'.

I got a leather rear seat for 15$ from the junk yard, looking to get a set of matching leather front seats out of a wrecked zj next

i bought a corbeau XP. got the bracket, and it does indeed bolt in. however, if you are over 5' 8" its too high. i lowered the corbeau bracket by 1.75" (and had to hammer the floor in a tad) and i can sit in it now but its still too high to wear a helmet. i'm 6'.

IMG_20140118_125903_387_zps3b78127a.jpg

Looks like headliner sag needs to be factored in also.

Back