• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So has anyone done the RADesigns winters shifter?

srmitchell

NAXJA Forum User
Rory is a supporter of naxja, he makes pretty awesome products. I have his rail shifter-
08dc95ba.jpg

3e76c148.jpg

But the shifter is limited by the crappy stock shift arrangement.

He makes this thing now- A kit to make the 1-2-3-4 shift possible. (No more 1-2 combo garbage.) It combines the electric TCU control with valve body control.

It is a "winters" shifter, with his own 3 wire switch setup. I want to do this to replace my rail shifter. Anyone do this yet?

http://www.radesignsproducts.com/Winters_Shifter_Kits.php

Rory manufactures some great products, I look forward to some reviews on the winters shifter

'That is cool, but seems very similar to the rail shifter I already have.
The great thing about the winters shift is that you can replace the factory shifter, so you can shift from P to R-N-4-3-2-1. Full control.

Thanks Rory! I'll look.

And let me be perfectly clear- The rail shifter is AWESOME, I just hate the stock xj shifter setup. Not knocking your product at all! Thanks for all you do.

RWKHAUSSupply is running it in the race car and it works flawlessly. It took a few minuites to get the micro switches adjusted but it is great not having a stock shifter and the seperate electronic shifter to deal with. Positive shifts with the gate shifter and he added the optional led indicator that's now mounted next to the wide band. Will get a pic next time we are working on it. I had questions on install and got a quick call back from Rory on a Sunday. Great product, and great support.

Awesome... I might do that instead of a manual swap. As much as I want to do the 5 speed swap, I really do enjoy the simplicity of an auto offroad, particularly in snow. I might just do a massive trans cooler and his shifter. Are there pics of RWKHAUSSupply's rig?

Back