• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WIX 51515 for a 2000 XJ?

Is the WIX 51515 the larger capacity substitute for 51085?

Thanks markaboo929. I had a hard time trying to verify that info.

It probably goes without saying, but don't forget when you go to a larger oil filter you need to use more oil. I started using the Purolator one mentioned and I now take an additional half quart of oil. I'm also able to go longer between oil changes. Simply thought I'd make mention of that, because undoubtedly somebody will read this and want to use a larger filter with the same capacity oil as the smaller filter.

No worries Cottontail, I know what you mean. I installed a by-pass filter on my Cummins and increased the oil capacity from a 12 quart system to a 14 quart system. There are people who think it's still a 12 quart capacity.

15841893_large.jpg

15841898_large.jpg

The BP110 filter is: 10.44" long.

29658914018_large.jpg

Just to be clear, the picture above is a 2 micron by-pass filter. It's the second filter on the engine. In the case of the Cherokee, a larger full flow filter would increase the overall capacity. There's no harm when running a larger filter. If anything, the larger filter media would flow better.

Let us know if you see a drop in oil pressure.

Run all sorts of filters, can't say as I've ever noticed a difference with one or another. I run Napa Gold or Mopar as a policy nowadays, though.

The cross reference for the WIX 51515 is an Amsoil EaO15. I'll be using the Amsoil filter.

Back