• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME disapointment?

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
This morning I decided to pull the trigger on my OME kit and was surprised by dpg to hear that the 2.5 inch lift springs are simply the 3.5" that I would have to remove a leaf from....I do not claim to know what I am talking about, but this seemed kind of like a cheap thing to do. And when the kit costs well over 1ooo bucks....I dont want to go removing leaves. etc. My rig is for 99% road and towing use. Or am I wrong on this?

I was kinda disappointed in my OME springs when I got them also. I didn't like the fact they didn't come with military wrap 2nd leaf as described and they have gone the way of RE and are made in Malaysia instead of AU.

I installed them anyway (about 4 years ago) and have not had a problem with them. They ride a little stiff at first till they break in. I also wish I would have got the heavy rear springs now. I may have to order another leaf from them.

So you may want to keep that leaf.

Last edited:
Which leafs packs did you get and how much lift did they net you? Im looking at 2.5 inches, but im afraid that it will be more like 3-3.5 as some sites have them advertised as 3 inch packs and some as 2.5?

I forgot to mention they are on a YJ. I was just looking at ARB's web site and can't find Cherokee, Wrangler YJ or even TJ?

Yeah...I just called Rocky road outfitters and the guy on the phone wasn't too enthusiastic about ome either...He said that most ome products are not made in Australia anymore and that OME only makes three different kinds of leaf packs...All other sizes are because of adding/removing leaves to those 3 packs that they offer. Just seems kind of cheapo to me. My other plan was to just order factory cherokee country leaves which are 1 inch over stock, heavy duty and slap a 1 inch shackle on that sucker for 2 inches total lift..Along with some 2 inch coils up front and bils 5100 all the way arouns? What you think

I have Upcountry leaves with a Rusty's .75" shackle thats right around 2" of lift. The springs by them selves were 2" of lift but after a year they settled. Been on for 4 years now and hasn't sagged any further.

Back