• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rolled jeep in neutral and now transmission issues.

Hoods Up

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday In the middle of an oil change I wanted to push my xj into the garage so I put in neutral and pushed it maybe a foot so I could close the door. After I was done I pulled out of the garage and parked it, and everything was fine. This morning I was trying to leave the driveway and it wouldn't engage in reverse, I threw it into drive and it hesitated a little bit than engaged. It did this twice before I was able to get reverse to work. I drove it around during errands and it hesitated once at a stop, but after that I haven't been able to get it to do it again.

Any thoughts?

It's good. I checked all my fluids yesterday during the oil change. I guess it could be completely random and unrelated. It just seemed odd.

What he said. I took a 1200 mile hunting trip through Montana and back no problems with the jeep. Pulled it into the garage when I got home. The next day, went to start and the fuel pump had died!:worship:

Back