• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil accumulators and other oil primers

MountainRhino

NAXJA Forum User
I just got another new Xj and I have been tenderfooting the sh!t out of it. its very nice, and I am interested in keeping it that way. I still plan on lifting it and doing the NATURAL thing to ANY Jeep. but i have a BeAtEr :passgas: and I have plans for it (kinda:sure:)

I know I am going to put a remote start on it, and I dont go anywhere without letting the temp get to at least 100. I was looking at a oil priming system on this one. I hope to make this my 10 year truck. However the nice systems are usually used in race cars with tighter clearances and the cost as much as a short block. So I am considering an oil accumulator. I also hope to include a solenoid valve and try to incorporate this function into the remote start cycle.

thoughts?

experience?

I think its not needed at all... IMO

That.
My daily driver gets turned on and I drive it to work. I don't bother with a warm up.
A ten year truck? My first XJ I still own, 14 years now, and my daily driver/beater I've owned for 7 years.
Just drive it and change the oil.

and if it only cost me the price of the solenoid, the lines and the time to fabricate? you figure, without the solenoid, it COULD be a near free preventative measure. is the extra process worth the time? presuming never having a dry start, would the time be worth investing?

Last edited:
Yup.

You're LOOKING for something to fabricate, and while there's nothing wrong with that, don't try to convince yourself that it's needed because it's not.

Yup.

You're LOOKING for something to fabricate, and while there's nothing wrong with that, don't try to convince yourself that it's needed because it's not.

Yeah. Just read on Cherokee forum the input from guys who have never experienced extreme cold before as this "Polar Whatever" thing is named has come through. No problems starting at all.

Right filter holds oil overnight. Cheap POSs like Fram/STP yada yada don't.

wix or Napa Gold and you will have no concerns.

Yup.

I suppose your right. I am dying to create. and I want my XJ to be the best, as we all do. high hopes I suppose. Thank you for everyones input. I think I am just gonna let this idea float down stream, until i do the super turbo'd v16 indy car engine...in my XJ, you know. cause its bolt in, plug-and-play right?:sure::wierd:

I ran an oil accumulator on mine for a long time and the engine wore out around the same time everyone's does so I did not reinstall it after I replaced the engine. It could theoretically give you a few more seconds of oil flow if you roll or get too off camber but that's about it.

Back