• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

snow run

ruger81

NAXJA Forum User
Well as some of you know it has started falling, so I want to go play. I was thinking this Tuesday or Wednesday we could either go for a night run Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning or just Tuesday day or Wednesday day. Let me know I was thinkin the gifford pinchot or maybe Timothy lake. Post up. Let me know.
Regular rig requirements please. Also if you wanna camp im down

Tempting. I have tomorrow off so I might be up for a day trip.

What have you heard as far as snow reports go?

Well I haven't heard great news. but i know it hasn't rained on what we got Saturday and Sunday. I was up at 4100 feet Saturday and the snow was around 14" and packed decently 2wd mostly. A friend stayed up Saturday night said it snowed another 8" to 10" said it was defenatly a 4wd trip out. Im still up in the air for tomorrow. Any ideas on where you would like to go?

like Ryan says we were in the Detroit lake area. snow started at 2500ft we made it all the way to about 4000ft. but even in 2+ ft of snow, it was a slush fest.Plus it was pissing rain the whole time. there were spots that I broke trail on 18" plus of snow, after my pass, Larry and Keith were perdy much riding on slushy gravel. it was less than pleasing. we tried to sled, but even my 4 year old son sunk to the bottom while sitting on his sled. unless it has stayed a little colder up there, id think it going to be a mess too. I was @ 10psi and could not "get on top" for the life of me. had I dropped to 5 or 6psi id been ok, but them smaller xj's would have started to have troubles. so we turned it around.

just be prepared, its slick as snot out there right now.

Bronze.

Well I haven't heard great news. but i know it hasn't rained on what we got Saturday and Sunday. I was up at 4100 feet Saturday and the snow was around 14" and packed decently 2wd mostly. A friend stayed up Saturday night said it snowed another 8" to 10" said it was defenatly a 4wd trip out. Im still up in the air for tomorrow. Any ideas on where you would like to go?
Sorry Chad, I should have been more proactive about this. Today (Tues) was actually my day off. As much as I'm craving an epic snow run like we've done in years past, I know the current conditions will still disappoint.

Back