• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dumb question time

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So rockauto has me confused. theres standard shocks, upcountry shocks, and police package shocks? I understand that upcountry will be longer to for the 1" lift but what's special about police shocks? I keep seeing shocks saying "standard" "upcountry" "w/o police package" "w/police package"
Also all these length are getting me confused, even the standards don't have a specific length. What length is the standard front shock extended and collapsed?

If I recall the usual measurement for a stock height XJ shock is 12.xx collapsed 20.xx extended.
Upcountry should be slightly longer.
Police package is probably stiffer riding, might also be slightly longer. Fit will be the same.

If I recall the usual measurement for a stock height XJ shock is 12.xx collapsed 20.xx extended.
Upcountry should be slightly longer.
Police package is probably stiffer riding, might also be slightly longer. Fit will be the same.

Ya I knew the upcountry would be longer but not a clue on the police. All the threads I've read about the police has been things like the high idle switch, rubber interior floors, etc... Nothing about its suspension.

I think the only suspension difference would have been stiffer shocks and maybe the heavier front sway bar. Standard was, I think, 25mm and on some few jeeps you could find a 28mm bar. Could be upcountry springs too but I've got to think that would be agency by agency.

Back