• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not as knowledgeable as I used to be?

XJ=Fun

NAXJA Forum User
Have searched the web for a few hours now and their is lots of answers..but not exactly what im looking for. I want to lift my jeep. here it is!!!
1) Daily driver
2) 80% road 20% ice/mud
3) Towing 2500 pound boat

I heard recently that RE isn't as good as I once thought they were and that at 3.5 inches I would need shackle relocaters, sye, adjustable trackbar, etc. etc.... Does someone sell a complete kit at 3.5? I do not want to cut fenders at all and would run a 31 inch tire

Would I still need sye, ds, shackle relocaters for a 2 or 2.5 inch lift? Im trying to stay away from all those hidden costs..and I don't want my 30x10.5's BRAND NEW bfg a/t to look odd with a lift to large right now. And I dont want to replace them

None of that stuff is required for a 3" lift and below IMO. 3.5" is where I think it starts to get sketchy, where some people need that stuff and some don't. I know someone that has an old RE 3.5" kit that sits just as high as my piece together 4.5" lift. He was having issues and bought a SYE and Tom Woods rear shaft.

Yeah I was originally going to go RE 3.5 super ride...But I read that RE springs are stiff as hell and that they usually sit at 4.5-5.5!!!!!!!!!!! That's freaking ridiculous IMHO. Also my tires would look spare donuts with that much lift...And getting into 32's, gears, etc....Not right now

I have a 4.5" lift and 31"s and think it looks just right. As for stiff springs, I think there great as long as you use a quality shock. My front coils are rated at 240lbs and run a Bilstien shock valved at 255/70 and the ride is great. Next time around with shocks I'm going to step it up to a 360/80 front though.

Would I still need sye, ds, shackle relocaters for a 2 or 2.5 inch lift? Im trying to stay away from all those hidden costs..and I don't want my 30x10.5's BRAND NEW bfg a/t to look odd with a lift to large right now. And I dont want to replace them

Im at 2" and 31"s. take a look at my jeep and you'll see at 2" or even just an 1.5" would be fine for 30" mind you though my fenders are cut and such
maby8u7u.jpg
ruhapyta.jpg

Nice looking, ya my jeep is slow and slower build lol . Ya the height of your lift to tire size ratio is going to depend if you cut fenders or not. Mine are cut and I have the springs and such to go 3.5 but I'm worried its going to look to high lol or I'm going to be force to go bigger tire lol

My biggest problem last time I owned a xj was always wanting to go bigger...I ended up with 6.5 inches of lift...But it was all mickey mouse. Had to go dana 44 with 4:56 gears, full OTK steering....yada yada. It never drove the same as stock and was always having some sort of issues. Im kind of over that now and just want a nice simple clean badass looking street humper!

Ya 2" would be fine then for ya. Mopar440 has a rig you can look at, his i think is 30" and 2" lift. He can take that thing damn near everywhere lol

I`m running a 3.5 lift ,I`ve had 31x10.5 to 33x9.50 it rubed alittle on extream flex with 33. the 31`s never had a problem .I now run 32x11.5 works fine I bought springs for the front and terra flex arm for the lower, and made my own spring pack for the rear and put in a 2 in block. Different shocks all around . Ben running this for 11 years. Watch for cracking around the upper control arm mount . I had to put in relocation brackets because my uppers broke out.

Last edited:
I have a 1.75" BB lift on 30" bfg's Withe the offset of these wheels, it will rub in the back, but on stock wheels it would be fine I think. Anyway... this is how it sits.

Back