• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need input please

bmikes

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. My girlfriend has a 1994 grand Cherokee that she is getting rid of.

Here's her craigslist add:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4270988348.html

Today she had a guy contact her about trading a 1986 mj with a 2" lift for her rig. The catch is that the mj has a Chevy s10 blazer 4.3 motor with the mating automatic transmission. I'm not sure what year the Chevy stuff came out of. The guy said the motor has a cracked cylinder head.

So she'd either have to have that motor worked on, or find a new motor that will bolt in place of that one. Do you guys think it's worth it? What's your thoughts?

Edit: she's getting pictures of the mj tomorrow

How would that work with keeping it street legal?

How could it be street legal in Oregon now? I was told by DEQ that the only way a car can pass is if it has whatever motor was available to that year make and model. So it could only have a Jeep 2.5l or 4.0 to pass DEQ. Unless maybe they also came with that boat anchor 2.8l Chevy. Then I guess you could try to pass it off as one of them?

My advice..

Unless you know exactly what you're getting into.. this type of trade is best to be avoided.. You're talking about trading a perfectly fine working stock vehicle, For a Broke down customized vehicle.. That alone sounds like a less-then-wise decision, But to add the fact its for your girlfriend, Makes it even less desirable IMO

Back