• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

different 98 XJ window issue

XJLI

NAXJA Forum User
ONLY my driver's window works. the driver module is all lit up but does not control any other windows. i did the lockout bypass and nothing changed. the other window controls are not lit. the front passenger door has power (can lock/unlock move the mirror). window motors are good, they work working up until today and i had to pull apart the front passenger door and jump the wiring to get the window to come back up.

i searched and havent found much help, and i didnt do much troubleshooting since it was a brisk 10 degrees out.

any halp? tomorrow will be warmer and i'll be able to throw my multimeter on things.

The wiring for the passenger door locks/mirrors works, but maybe the window circuit has isues.

It has been posted that the Passenger Door Module (PDM) is the brains of the power window system.

Inspect the passenger side wire harness and wire plugs for damage, chafed insulation, and failed wire splices. Consider that a new, or good used window switch assembly may be needed.

Last edited:
i repaired the wiring to the front passenger side harness once, but that was over the summer. but that doesnt explain that the rear windows dont work either. does everything go from the PDM, then to the rear windows?

I had a similar problem, on my 99. I re-solder all the joints on the drivers side control module. Fixed it. all windows work. See youtube for a play by play. That's what I did.

Back