• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keep an eye out... my car was stolen

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
From in front of my house, sometime between the hours of 2am and 8am.
1996 Green Honda Accord 4dr.
Light tint on the windows. Peeling clear coat on the hood.
If you see it call Gresham Police.
IMG_2389.jpg

2 weeks ago I was looking to buy a 94-97 Honda accord.. Or a VW jetta..

the main "CON" for the Accord.. Without an alarm, and 3 kill switches.. it would get stolen

Case-in-point..

I'll keep my eyes peeled.. Got a Plate number? was it an EX or LX? From the front fenders I can tell its not a v6

I'll keep my eyes peeled.. Got a Plate number? was it an EX or LX? From the front fenders I can tell its not a v6
Thanks Scott,
It's an LX (no sunroof/no leather)
4cyl (smallest engine they made - no V-tech)
Lic. plate (I think) EEZ-486

Good News Peeps!!!! (well maybe)
I just got a call from the Sheriff's office.... the car was recovered after a high speed pursuit late last night.
The officer I spoke with couldn't tell me much because there's an ongoing investigation.
But from what I WAS told.... the thief bailed out of the car DURING the pursuit... (while in motion)
There was a foot chase, K9's were called in and it was the dogs that eventually got him.
The car was recovered, and taken to an impound lot.
Forensics are heading out there today, and will "connect all the dots"...
I cant go anywhere near the car until that's wrapped up.

SO .... good news is the car is at least in one piece more or less....
The bad news is ... I dont know if anything was stripped, or in what condition the car is actually in.

Re: Re: Keep an eye out... my car was stolen

Good News Peeps!!!! (well maybe)
I just got a call from the Sheriff's office.... the car was recovered after a high speed pursuit late last night.
The officer I spoke with couldn't tell me much because there's an ongoing investigation.
But from what I WAS told.... the thief bailed out of the car DURING the pursuit... (while in motion)
There was a foot chase, K9's were called in and it was the dogs that eventually got him.
The car was recovered, and taken to an impound lot.
Forensics are heading out there today, and will "connect all the dots"...
I cant go anywhere near the car until that's wrapped up.

SO .... good news is the car is at least in one piece more or less....
The bad news is ... I dont know if anything was stripped, or in what condition the car is actually in.

Good news.

Damn, Josh. That's to bad to hear, but it sounds like you're on the track to getting it back. Any update?

Didn't you install an alarm in it?

Yes... and the one time I forget to arm it.... :twak:

Here's the latest:
Car is being released to me tomorrow.
Every one I've spoken to so far, hasn't actually seen the car personally,
So nobody can tell me what kind of condition it's in.
I'll call the tow yard first thing tomorrow, and find out if I need to rent a dolly, or if I'll be able to drive it home.

Good (ish) news! Hope it isn't damaged too badly, and you can just start driving it again.

I've had a car stolen from my ex and I from the state fair, (also a honda accord). Just always was weird driving it after that. Just that someone else had driven it and trifled with stuff. stole the cheap arse 17's and a wallet with nothing in it, left the make-up bag with $700 cash worth of tips in the front zipper pocket.

Ok folks, here ya go.
Some pics to go along with the stories.
(for a full break down, tune into episode 110 of the XJ Talk Show!)

In less than 48 hours, the person(s) who stole my car were able to accumulate a YEARS worth of bull shit, and managed to horde, hide, stuff, and shove into every cubby, hole, pocket, and orifice of my car. The glove box, the center console, the pocket under the stereo, the pocket behind the seat, UNDER the seat, even in the handle of the door, SOMETHING of theirs was stashed.
Here's the massive pile of shit that was left behind.
(you wont see the TWENTY-SIX pens I found/removed from the car that weren't mine)

Note the several grocery bags of garbage..... this is only two of the four that was extracted.

The car was filthy. Just plain gross. Not only from the thieve(s), but also from the forensics team which left behind a metric ass-ton of finger printing dust over EVERY inch of the car. The thieves also must have loved the "peachy peach" air freshener trees, as there was one hanging from the rear view mirror when I got it back. It was new, fresh, and FULLY unwrapped, giving the car an overpowering sickly sweet essence which just added to the already palpable scent of moldy rotten shoes, and the dirtiest of all gym socks. Judging by the cans (yes plural) of Tinactin anti-fungal spray, I'd say this bastard had mushrooms growing between his toes. This obviously creates a very unique odor which has completely saturated the trunk and permeated throughout the rest of the car in such a way that you can almost taste it. After spending an hour and a half with sanitizing wipes going over every surface of the front of the car (inside) I turned to the windows, which had an interesting film on it, which I can only attribute to the crack they must have been smoking using the charred spoons I found, and the rather used up roll of Reynolds Wrap. Once the windows were cleaned, the trash was delicately pulled out with rubber gloves, and all of the dash, control surfaces, and instrumentation was all thoroughly wiped down with sanitizing wipes, I proceeded to unleash a half bottle of Febeeze onto the now funky interior and trunk. Upon entering the car this morning, I can honestly say with the utmost of conviction..... there is no job too tough for Febreeze. The stuff plain and simply WORKS.
I still need to vacuum the car out, and give it an official detailing, and of course the outside is now in desperate need of a both, but I have other things to deal with first.
:smsoap:
SUCH AS.....
The now new-to-me body damage that the thief decided would be a great addition to the car.

The front bumper obviously ran up over something, and is now cracked.
Might explain why it pulls to one side now.

This shows how they got in. Pry marks ALL OVER the trim of the A-pillar.

The B-pillar side didn't escape the wrath of their stupidity.

They pried on it so hard, it looks like the door isn't seating right anymore.

Even tore some of the seal.

I could probably deal with and maybe even overlook a lot of this.
But the thing that really put me over the edge was this....
They took one of those 26 pens, or maybe one of the needles they were using to shoot-up with, and decided to STAB my dash.:crazy:
Really?:confused:

C'mon now!....that's just uncalled for!!!:mad:
Maybe it was a last ditch effort to ensure that, as they were getting lit up by the red and blue lights of the cop cars that were chasing them, that they could inflict some degree of lasting damage upon the vehicle should the owner ever get it back.
Well I DID get my car back, :p and I do not appreciate one bit the "signature" left behind by the gacked-out-tweeker-girlfriend of said thief who happened to get mad at the gacked-out-tweeker boyfriend for picking her up for their tweeker-date in a stolen car.

In any case, I have the number to the district attourney's office, and a case number to use in my inquiry of whether or not I have any recourse in a civil matter to try and recoup some of the costs of making at least SOME of this stuff go-away.
The bumper will need to be fixed, as will the door and trim, and of course the dash will need professional repair, if not replacement all together.
Not to mention the time and coast of a good detailing.

YES, I'm glad it's back in my possession.
However I do not think I will be keeping it around for very long.
Most likely it will get fixed at least in some regard, and sold off to someone else.

I'd like to thank all who sent in their well-wishes, and let you guys know the support was very much appreciated.

Last edited:
I've had a Car stolen.. It's a terrible feeling, Do yourself a favor, put minimal time into it and just Offload it to someone else.. these cars are so cheap, Just wipe your hands of it and buy another one.

Back