• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Identifying WJ Calipers?

sdk131

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, first post here, long time lurker/dreamer. I'm finally getting back into the jeep scene after about 10 years and just picked up a 2000 XJ (this is now my 3rd XJ). The previous owner was also a jeep nut (and probably even a member here), and was into the "using other Jeep's parts" upgrades like JK shocks, Grand Cherokee steering components, etc. I can't get a hold of him anymore, but I feel like I remember him talking about doing the WJ knuckle and caliper upgrade. I may need new rotors/pads in the near future, and I'm trying to verify what's on my Cherokee now. Is there an easy way to tell? Or do they actually use the same rotors and pads?

Thanks.

THANKS! that got me the exact phrases/pictures to look for. I was comparing pictures on Rock Auto...but I'm always uneasy about making a decision based on that since many times a standard image is used for many similar items.

continental/teves will have the wire bail on the caliper and large ears on the pads

Akebono has no bail and small ears.

Back