• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heating questions

shawnhancel

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a diverter valve or something? I can only get heat though the defroster and my feet are freaking freezing. Thanks.

It only blows through the defroster? Likely a vac leak. Or does it also blow at your feet, but blows cold?

Helpful to know more info... such as Jeep year?

its a 97. AC hasn't worked since I've owned it. Even if I switch it over to AC the only place that air comes out is the defroster vents. I think it used to come out the dash vent, even though the AC never worked I'm sure that's why I bought the air freshener that clips on to it.

I did do some searching but Im not too sure what exactly what I was searching for. I saw lots of similar but nothing that gave me a decent answer. I will hand over hand the vacuum system tomorrow hopefully find what the problem is. Any more input is appreciated.

There is a round plastic canister attached to the back of the front bumper on the passenger side. There is a plastic line w rubber ends and fittings along this line that usually rot out. Follow the line and check all the rubber connections. This feeds the vacuum that goes to your control unit and switches to different vents.

Yea mines been relocated because the aftermarket bumper. But Ill start there. Thanks again.

Vacuum lines to check are between the intake and the front vacuum reservoir (football behind the bumper) and back to the heater controls under the dash. The usual culprit is the line to the football that runs under the battery tray-- acid eats it over time and some "hamfisted" flunky changing the battery breaks it without even knowing it 'til the lack of vacuum begins causing problems....... changed a battery recently?:D:D

P.S. merry Christmas-- where ya been?

It was a vacuum line. The 2 inches before it goes though the firewall, couldn't trace it all to replace it but some electrical tape solved the problem. For others with this issue this section of line can be found tracing back from the canister to a T fitting in the firewall about 10 inches in from the passenger fender.

Shorty I didn't know you'd miss me so much. I'll probably be down in a few months, I joined the army and my MOS school will likely be at Fort Lee. See ya then buddy.

just found the same problem...good thing it's stuck on defrost or I'd be screwed, and I just swapped the batter......now just need it to blow hot air

Swapped the batter?

Battery, I figured common sense would prevail in the reading of the typo

Keep forgetting who will be reading. :laugh3:

Back