• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Sport rear hatch

TRCM

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the speaker wiring is there even if there are no speakers in the hatch ?

Mine came with a sound bar, and it looks like the hatch has never had speakers in it, but I didn't check to see if there was any wiring bundled up.

On my 88, which came with regular back glass and no defroster, actually had the wires for the defroster run from the hatch all the way up to the drivers side kick panel, then they stopped.

Kinda hoping the speaker wires are there too, so I can put speakers in the hatch. I don't like the sound from the speaker bar, and it looks like running wires to the hatch wil be a PITA.

My 96 did NOT have the wires,and it was a pain to run them,so I didn,t.Really cant hear the radio anyway over the tires and wind noise,,,,,and I,m deaf from working with loud noises for 40 yrs sooo,,,not really a problem,

Back