• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Creepy crawlers or iroks?

zachandandy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Time to put some new tires on the jeep and I've narrowed it down to 2 choices 36-13.50x15 iroks or 37-12.50x15 creepy crawlers. 95% off road mostly rocks, but some snow and mud as well. Sometimes driven to and from trails, so stickies are out. Standard dot bias plys. Other recommendation in size and price range are welcome. So what do you all say?

Creepies all day long. Hard to beat the durability of Maxxis tires, I use and abuse my Trepadors and they're still kicking ass.

In a non sticky compound choosing between Creepies and Iroks I'd choose whatever you get the best deal on...lol...and I'm sure iroks will be cheaper.

You'll regret buying iroks if you do just like everyone else who buys them does

I've seen them on friends vehicles they seem to do as good as everything else on the trail in a regular DOT compound , and better than a few favorites when the trail has mud/snow on it ...Not sure how they hold up to super high wheelspeed wheeling where sidewall is constantly being abused ,but they do fine here .

Depends on the climate.. You'll regret the Creepies in the snow, where the Iroks are about the best snow tire available..

Both are Great in the rocks..

I'd rate the tires Equal (IMO) I'd go with the cheaper of the two

You have sticky Treps...not even the same sport as non sticky Creepies let alone same game .

I'll take a Maxxis sidewall over any others. Even the Creepies still have beef sidewalls, my next set of tires will probably by a set of 4D" Creepies, maybe some 38.5's. My friends non stickies run just fine with me, its only when I get on comp courses or dry rock that I can show them up.

You have sticky Treps...not even the same sport as non sticky Creepies let alone same game .
i recall multiple times his "sticky" tires getting showed up by many dot tires, creepies are nice, treps have yet to impress me(nothin against ross but them treps have yet to impress me)

I have run both, same sizes, same conditions too. Creepies win everywhere but the snow.

One gripe I have with both tires is their tendency to "balloon" at street pressures (18-20ish psi) Creepies a little worse than the iroks. But the performance in the rocks and sidewall strength made up for it.

Never pushed either to their limits in the mud though, so no comment there.

And be sure to shop around, I have found that creepy crawler prices differ an insane amount.

i recall multiple times his "sticky" tires getting showed up by many dot tires, creepies are nice, treps have yet to impress me(nothin against ross but them treps have yet to impress me)

They really shine down at Rausch, probably woulda been magic out at Moab. Up here they just work like any other tire with our conditions. I bet even regrooving mine would help alot too.

They really shine down at Rausch, probably woulda been magic out at Moab. Up here they just work like any other tire with our conditions. I bet even regrooving mine would help alot too.
probly, they are big lugs similar to boggers that dont flex good, and there to small

Interco tires (Iroks) - All Interco tires, except LTB's, are made in the US. Actually Ohio.

Maxxis tires - Made in Yuan Lin, Taiwan; Xiamen, China; Kunshan, China; Rayong Province, Thailand; and Vietnam.

It's your choice, but I would buy American.

Also, Pit Bull, Pro Comp, Cooper, Goodyear, Bfgoodrich and Mickey Thompson are US made.

Back