• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to get a discontinued part: speed control vacuum harness

BrianDunning

NAXJA Forum User
My speed control vacuum harness (that little 8-inch hose that goes between the vacuum line and the servo) is crumbled - not patchable. It's MOPAR 52078082 and, as luck would have it, it's the one part of the speed control system no longer available.

I searched and searched as many "obsolete/discontinued MOPAR parts" websites as I could find but had no luck.

Has anyone ever synthesized this little part, maybe with some generic hose from Home Depot or something? I really don't have the time to drive around to junkyards to find another old one just as brittle. This is for a 2001 Sport 4.0.

Sometimes you have to get imaginative with replacing parts...or engineering. Yes, by all means make a new one.

You needn't "patch" vac hoses (even though everyone does) since bulk hose is ridiculously cheap.

X2. I have a thread on here somewhere that gives you a step by step.

Back