• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What TC lever position for 2wd??

Lonewolf92c

NAXJA Forum User
Please help...TC lever position for 2wd????

Recently had linkage break while shifting in/out of 4wd driving home in snow. Crawled under jeep, found broken linkage rod and zip tied it out if way of spinning drive shaft and drove home. All dry now but not sure if in 4wd or 2wd and dont want to blow up TC driving on highway to work. Cannot find answer anywhere as to lever position for 2wd..all way forward or all way back. Please advise...need help.

1995 XJ 4.0 automatic AW4 w/NP231 I think...:laugh3:

Please help...TC lever position for 2wd????

Recently had linkage break while shifting in/out of 4wd driving home in snow. Crawled under jeep, found broken linkage rod and zip tied it out if way of spinning drive shaft and drove home. All dry now but not sure if in 4wd or 2wd and dont want to blow up TC driving on highway to work. Cannot find answer anywhere as to lever position for 2wd..all way forward or all way back. Please advise...need help.

1995 XJ 4.0 automatic AW4 w/NP231 I think...:laugh3:

I have since found this...can anyone confirm??

edit

The lever on the tcase pushed all the way forward to the front of the vehicle should be 2wd.

Back