• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 and 231 outer case differences?

njxj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I'm wondering if the cases of the 242 and the 231 are the same and just have different internals. I tough i read or been told somewhere that the 242 and the 231 have the same outer case and just the insides are different. I bought a np231 for ten dollars today and the part of the housing, under neath where the studs are to bolt to the tranny, has a long crack. I do have 2 spare np242 that i could take apart, and if its possable use the outer case to fix the np231. i have an 88 xj with a np242 and i would like to change to the np231. If anyone knows anything about this would be great to hear. I cant rememeber where i heard this from but i would like to clear this up for me.

for get about this. i grabbed one of my extra 242 and put it next to the 231 and it is very diffrent. im gonna figure out how to delete this and do.

Back