• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DBR III scanner in Oregon?

dohc91gli

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have one of these? Work at a dealership who can borrow one for the night? I refuse to pay a dealership $65 to program my damn key fob. I'd rather put $20 in the pocket, or beer in the belly of a fellow jeep guy. I had 0 key fobs when I bought my cherokee. I bought one, but cant program it without the scanner. ideas?

I'm pretty good at math, lets see here.

$20 fee

plus 100 miles give or take @ 14mpg = around 7 gallons @ 3.80/gal = $27 give or take.
By my math, that only equals $47 thus saving me around $18. And 100 miles round trip being on the high end of my willingness to travel, I stand to save even more.

That, and meeting new jeep people while making good connections, I'd have to say that's a win/win. ;)

I need to look into this. I would like to get two key fobs for my jeep, it is a limited so i am quite sure it originally had them.

you can email jeep give them info about you and your jeep, and they'll email you back a build sheet for your rig the next day. That's what I did to find out if my classic had keyless entry. Pretty cool really.

Back