• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear discs

Not bad - direct fit on 8.25 or 44; uses Ford Explorer brakes.
You may neeed new or longer brake lines and a new emergency brake connection from M.O.R.E. @ mountainoff road.com/
Search on-line for best price; can save you.
Results? Hard to tell as 75% is front brakes. Brakes work good, but I did new wheels and tires too. So, hard to say which or what difference. I like um.
Steve

How much trouble is this to do? Anything a shadetree guy couldnt handle?
Has anyone done this, and do they notice a big difference? Pro's Con's?
Looking at this kit,
http://www.teraflex.biz/rear-disc-brake-kit-jeep-late-model-bearing-pocket-852.html

it is an easy setup....identical to ford explorer/jeep zj disc brakes.

you will have to make brake lines, but thats the hardest part of the deal.

FWIW the zj disc swap is much cheaper. just enlarge the hole on the backing plate and it all bolts up, run some 8.8 style parking brake cable (east coast gear supply sells some 8.8 cherokee swap brake cables)

i picked up my backing plates for 15$, spent another 180 on all new calipers brakes and hardware. the results are awesome....far superior than factory drums

it is an easy setup....identical to ford explorer/jeep zj disc brakes.

you will have to make brake lines, but thats the hardest part of the deal.

FWIW the zj disc swap is much cheaper. just enlarge the hole on the backing plate and it all bolts up, run some 8.8 style parking brake cable (east coast gear supply sells some 8.8 cherokee swap brake cables)

i picked up my backing plates for 15$, spent another 180 on all new calipers brakes and hardware. the results are awesome....far superior than factory drums

disclaimer: the ECGS cables are NOT long enough for a lifted rig. with just under 5" of lift the drivers side cable was fully extended at ride height.

I noticed a considerable difference with the rear disks when I am going up on a steep incline either backing down, or holding.

Back