• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 XJ Died After Seafoam Intake Treatment in Part 2 - Full Throttle Runs

TheDeliveryPro

NAXJA Forum User
What's up guys, I have a question for you. I did the seafoam intake treatment last night. I bumped the idol a thousand RPM on my jeep and then ran the seafoam treatment through my intake. The Jeep ran good. I shut it off.

To complete the second part of the treatment as they suggested, I got it in the jeep started it back up to go run it through high rpms. I had five full throttle pulls to 65 miles an hour to clean the carbon out. On the last one, the jeep died when slowing, to take a corner back to my house.

I cannot get it restarted, I've pumped the gas, held it halfway down while trying to start it, I have turned the ignition on and off a bunch of times before turning it over thinking that the fuel pump needed a little extra boost, nothing.

It's a 1991 XJ 4.0 liter, automatic transmission. I've got brand new oil in the crankcase, Seafoam in crankcase and the fuel tank to clean the engine out.

Where should I start this am? Tyia

The place to start is the basics.

1) Turn on the key, listen for the fuel pump.

2) Depress the Schrader valve and verify fuel pressure.

3) Spray some carb cleaner down the intake while someone cranks the engine. If it tries to start, you have a fuel problem.

4) Check for spark.

The Rotor came apart. Found it in pieces while pulling the plugs, wires, cap & rotor for a tuneup.

I bought a new one at Napa - it wouldn't fit. Tried Oriellys, same wrong part. Figured out there my Rotor is for the Accel Distributor. No one had one in stock.

I ended up JB welding the old rotors contacts back into place so that they stay in one piece while I order the replacement.

Anyone know whether or not the JB weld will hurt the electrical conductivity?

Thanks again, this forum makes my Jeep so much better

I had to button it up this am, running a whole lot better than last week. Going to order the new rotor today and replace it soon.

Back