• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to run exhasut in custom rear 4 link

systematics

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has already come up but I couldnt find it anywhere. I am building a double triangulated 4 link for the rear of my cherokee. its a 96 jeep cherokee sport. It has the 4L H.0. AW4. NP 242 T-case. No matter where I find to run my exhaust through the 4 link to the rear it seems to hit. I was thinking of just cutting it at my 4 link crossmember which is about 8 inches behind my t-case. Im wondering what complication this will bring up. I know the exhasut gasses will rust the body faster and I will mitigate that as best I can but im not worried about it. I also realize that water will have an easier time entering exhaust. do you think either of these is a no go situation? or have any other ideas of what would or could go wrong? or a possible solution to run it?

Thanks,
Nick

I would assume most people dump ot right in front of where the rear crossmember/links start.

I've seen it run through the frame and then run along the outside of the frame to behind the rear wheel. I've also seen some tricky bends to make it work around the linkage.

You neglected to mention the #1 reason NOT to dump your exhaust under your rig: poisonous gases entering the passenger compartment... I'm assuming some of your link mounts will cut through the floor of your XJ, allowing even more fumes to enter.

I've only ever seen buggies dump the exhaust there, not full-bodied rigs. I'm sure it's been done, but I wouldn't do it. But hey, I don't have many spare brain cells, if I loose any more I won't be functioning at full capacity!

your gonna have to spend some time route it, im going through it now even with the back bobbed 12" i can still fit everything. did one on my friends jeep last spring too, and no need to run it through the frame

you gotta get some random bends from the parts stores or summit racing and go from there, the trans tunnel can be usefull clearing everything

Back